Child Behavior Screenings
BEAS Academy performs independent professional behavior screenings upon request. BEAS Academy offers a range of services to help children successfully achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to identify mal-adaptive behaviors in children, and to provide information to parents, educators, and caregivers. Parents can contact us directly to discuss our services or for an independent behavior screening.
BEAS Academy uses the following behavior screenings:
- (ADOS) The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule the ADOS consists of standardized activities that allow the examiner to observe the occurrence or non-occurrence of behaviors that have been identified as important to the diagnosis of autism and other pervasive developmental disorders across developmental levels and chronological ages.
- (CARS) The Childhood Autism Rating Scale helps to identify children 2 years and older with Autism, specifically, distinguishing them from developmentally handicapped children who are not Autistic. In addition, it distinguishes between mid-to-moderate and severe Autism. Its brevity makes it a very useful tool to help you recognize and classify Autistic children.
- (DAS) The Differential Ability Scale is used to measures overall cognitive ability and specific abilities in children and adolescents
- (WISC-IV) The Wechsler Intelligence Scales for Children-IV is a frequently used intelligence test for children from three to seven years of age. It is an assessment that is used for a multitude of situations. Is used as children enter school and require reassessment.
- The Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scale is test to measure a person’s adaptive level of functioning. It is a test that’s useful in assessing an individual’s daily functioning.
- Functional Behavior Assessment is an in-depth assessment of an individual’s behavior. Both formal and informal assessments are utilized to determine the function of behavior. Specific strategies to remediate maladaptive behaviors are prescribed.
These are our consultation and other services:
- Review of outside assessment results
- Special Education Law
- K-12 Assessment
- Analyzing and interpreting behavioral and educational patterns
- 504 Accommodations
- Providing information on educational designs
- Behavioral Issues
- Liaison Services