BEAS Academy provides support to families and helps students improve academic performance, enhance social-emotional well-being, and increase lifelong potential for success through our after-school programs and parent education.
Research shows that extracurricular activities help children:
- Develop social skills and emotional intelligence.
- Apply their academic studies to real world situations.
- Improve communication skills and benefit from other’s ideas and perspectives.
Unfortunately, budget cuts often force schools to cut their extracurricular programming first. After school programs that focus on social emotional learning can help fill the void ensuring that children don’t miss out on a valuable education experience.
WE SEE POTENTIAL; THE SKY’S THE LIMIT!
- Every student comes to school with different backgrounds, interests, perspectives, learning style, and home life. We craft an educational experience that is tailored to encourage them to meet their potential. We want our students to be curious and engaged in their learning.
- Children rise to level of expectation placed on them. We set a high bar and celebrate when each child excels.
- Overcoming social challenges is one of the most important ways to help children have success in school. We create an environment where children develop a sense of belonging and feel valued.
- We inspire learning and mastery of skills, development of self-reliance, and confidence to help young people become strong contributors to their communities.
We envision a world of possibilities where, if our students can see it, they can do it. To achieve this we are focused on growing a strong social emotional after-school program that helps children define their interests and gives them the social skills that will carry them successfully through life.
Our goal is to address the growing need for social development in school-age children.
In the short term, we aim to kick off a strong evidence-based social-emotional after-school program with an enthusiastic group of students. As we grow and maintain our site-based program, we aim to expand our program to offer more activities and reach more children from a wider range of ages. To achieve this goal we will continue to develop strong community partnerships with school sites, local experts and professionals.